Family & Adult RE programming - provided by Cory Ness, DRE
Adult RE - STITCHERS GROUP - Registration form
Join us every 2nd Friday of the month at 10 a.m. for our Stitchers Group, needle arts group for knitters/crocheter's/quilters/cross stitchers/weavers and more, where we can all gather with our projects to stitch & chat.
No agenda - just building connections.
Adult RE - SPIRITUAL PRACTICES - (Registration Closed)
Spiritual Practices is a 12-session series that helps participants develop regular disciplines of the spirit - practices that help us connect with the sacred. Spiritual Practice affirms religious diversity while seeking unity in our communal quest for meaning and wholeness. Each session offers a forum for learning, sharing, and growth that can enrich our personal faith journeys. We meet twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month beginning in September at 1 p.m.
1. Defining Spiritual Practice
2. Finding your Spiritual Practice
3. Keeping Sabbath
6. Mindful Walking and Eating
7. Worship and Ritual
8. Discernment & Devotional Reading
9. Hospitality and Belonging
10. Work and Service
12. Life as a Spiritual Practice
Family RE - "Creating Sabbath Space" - (Registration Closed)
Soul Matters is calling this particular resource "Creating Sabbath Space." Soul Matters shares with us that "the theological underpinning rests in two ancient ideas held in various forms across many religions:
- In times of trouble, be extra sure to keep the Sabbath (i.e. make space for worship, rest and connection).
- Home altars help bring your faith into your daily life."
I will be sending out the weekly installments over a period of six weeks for
anyone who chooses to participate.
Each weekly installment will include three components:
- Guidance for building a family home altar, growing it each week by adding a new component one by one.
- A family worship to honor those weekly additions to your altar
- A couple of "after-worship" activities to continue your family Sabbath time by connecting and relaxing together.
I will also hold weekly zoom meetings for all families to participate. This will be a time to discuss our experience from the previous week and to share our altar tables.
This is something for anyone to participate whether you come from a family of one or if there are several families living in the same household - (you all) are invited to join us!